Re: [PARPORT] A few questions.

From: Joshua b. Jore (josh@greentechnologist.org)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 21:04:46 EDT

    That sounds similar to something I read in the docs for SCM's epat
    (yes, I am a one horse show - that's the only chip I have)
    protocol. While you can get the devices to enumerate themselves it
    might be difficult if the enumeration-time daisy-chain order changed
    and had to be re-enumerated (and how would the driver know to do that?
    I don't know.)

    As I recall the devices would be 0-3 assuming all the peripheral
    controllers were SCM epats... It wasn't clear what happens if devices
    are moved around or even if there are multiple devices which want
    IDs. I suppose this is related or maybe even the same thing you were
    talking about. Either that or I'm just making a fool of myself.

    BTW, vote for me. I'm running for mayor in Minneapolis MN ;-)
    Joshua Jore
    Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
      "The irony of this man being imprisoned in the United States and longing
    to return to once-Communist Russia so he can regain his right to free
    speech is simply staggering." - someone else