Re: [PARPORT] Disabling autodetection

From: Jaeger, Gerhard (gjaeger@sysgo.de)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 02:29:25 EDT

    On Dienstag, 28. August 2001 14:13, Tim Waugh wrote:
    [SNIP]
    > Gerhard, if you load lp with 'reset=1' as a module parameter, does
    > that work around the problem?
    [SNAP]

    Hi there,

    well I've checked it, but it seems not to work. I think that the command
    sequence sent to the devices confuses the ASIC in side the scanner that way
    that it goes into some kind of undefined state...

    Maybe I should add the option on my own and check what happens...
    I'll keep you informed.

    Gerhard