[PARPORT] How do I disable PARPORT in Linux ?

From: Peter Moscatt (pmoscatt@iprimus.com.au)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 18:18:16 EDT

    I have a Mandrake 8.0 installation and recently updated the kernel to 2.4.7

    Since then the system has become rather slow in operation and have come to
    the conclusion that it maybe the 'parport' causing this.

    At times parport sends a message during the boot process indicating that had
    a problem loading - when this occurs the system is slow. This is about 90%
    of the time, but when it dosn't generate this error the system returns to
    it's fullest potential.

    I have no use for parport and would like it to be disabled.

    How would I disable it under the Linux system ?

    Regards
    Pete