[PARPORT] a question on parport driver

From: wangxiangyu@ai.com.cn
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 02:25:41 EDT

    Dear All:
    I'm writting a program to test parallel ports' capability using a
    loopback plug. I wrote 'walking 1s' to data & control register, then read
    status register's value to compare with that I wrote. For example, I wrote
    0x1 0x2 0x4 0x8 0x10 to data and control port, I expected the loopback data
    read from status port would be proper value. But every time there'd be two
    value not fited. After I set SPP mode in CMOS, the result's
    no better, only one error reduced. Can you tell me the reason why? Thanks
    BEST REGARGS
    wangxiangyu
    20010925.