[PARPORT] ioctl ??

From: Mike Yates (mike@myates.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 16:33:33 EDT

    I have had my Freecom Traveller CD-RW working (unreliably) under RedHat in
    the past. In my SuSE 7.2 it will not work at all.

    modprobe friq works (also installs parport and paride) with no errors.
    modprobe pg works (also installs sg and parport_pc)
    modprobe pcd (for read-only, not cdrecord) works and mounts OK
    cdrecord -scanbus returns

    cdrecord: Inappropriate ioctl for device. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl

    AFAIR in RedHat parport_pc was not invoked, but ide-scsi was required.
    modprobe ide-scsi works, but cdrecord returns the sane error.

    Any idea what I should try now?

    --
    Mike Yates         Frome,  Somerset,  England