Re: [PARPORT] Problems with parallel port io card, emu10k1, system freeze

From: Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 03:52:32 EDT

    On Don, 11 Okt 2001, Tim Waugh wrote:
    > I don't; I said it's _probably_ a small change. Look at where the IRQ
    > is registered; add the 'shared' flag. But it needs to be tested with,
    > for example, multiple ports on a card, etc.

    Well I tried it. I added in parport_pc.c:2309 the flag SA_SHIRQ for
    request_irq arg3 and at least it loaded without problems but playing sound
    and printing locks up, although i had some good rap from the sound
    card a-tschuk-a-tschuk-a-tschuk-...

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
    University of Technology Vienna, Austria gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094
    KIBBLESWORTH (n.)

    The footling amount of money by which the price of a given article in
    a shop is less than a sensible number, in a vain hope that at least
    one idiot will think it cheap. For instance, the kibblesworth on a
    pair of shoes priced at £19.99 is 1p.

                            --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff