[PARPORT] failed to insert pcd module - backpack cdrom

From: Shawn ***** (skm500@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 00:09:34 EST

    Hello! I am a relative newbie to the world of LINUX an am trying to install
    version 7.2 of Redhat with a Microsolutions backpack cdrom. I have
    downloaded and used rawrite to transfer several different kinds of paride
    drivers (paride.img, bpck-6.dd,etc.) to floppies and keep getting the
    following message upon installation attempts:
    "failed to insert pcd module" (This error message pops up after about 10
    mins of messages that which indicate various drivers are being loaded). I
    have researched this error on your mailing list and on the web and have
    tried some solutions (i.e. different drivers, including the one from the
    micro-solutions site) but to no avail. Is there a compatible driver
    somewhere for version 7.2? . The backpack cdrom I am using is a 24X, model
    181150. I have tried several approaches, such as "linux dd" at the boot
    prompt, using the DOS utility, selecting "other" cd rom, etc. I would really
    appreciate some help as I am quite intrigued as to what LINUX has to offer!
    Thanks again!