Re: [PARPORT] ECP mode transfers in 2.4.x kernels

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 05:53:44 EST

    On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 06:04:43PM -0500, Dave Strauss wrote:

    > It would be interesting to find out what hardware he's using.
    > In any case it sounds exactly like the problem I have -- the
    > hardware messes up if the mode is changed while the FIFO is
    > not empty.

    Here's what he says:

      I believe that would be this Winbond W83977TF-AW chip. But if that's
      a floppy controller or something equally ludicrous, don't laugh too
      hard... It's a bog-standard builtin parallel port on my
      bog-standard Aopen AX6BC. Hmm, I just thought of something, perhaps
      it's set to STANDARD in the BIOS. That might cause problems. I'll
      check that tonight.