[PARPORT] Read error on old image. Any suggestions?

From: Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali (masroor@cse.buet.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 12:01:16 EST

    Hello All,
    For all my multisession CDs around the fifth or sixth writing, I get
    the following message when I try to create an image for writing,

    /usr/local/bin/mkisofs -r -o tocdimage -C $START -M /dev/pcd0 tocd
    Rock Ridge signatures found
    /usr/local/bin/mkisofs: Input/output error. Read error on old image

    It can not happen that all of them are breaking down since I keep them
    under good care. Theoretically I should be able to write as many times
    as possible in a CD. Any suggestion? Or am I missing something?

    Thanks for your input,

    --
    A list is only as strong as its weakest link -- Don Knuth

    Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali Associate Professor and Associate Director Institute of Information and Communication Technology Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh

    Phone: 880 2 966 5602 (Work), 880 2 966 5700 (Residence) FAX: 880 2 861 3046, 880 2 861 3026