Re: [PARPORT] Timedia ASIC for PARPORT -> spurious irq 7

From: Tom Perkins (tomp@trperkins.2y.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:23:42 EST

    Perhaps but aren't PCI interrupts level sensitive? OTOH these PCI
    parrallel boards I think are ISA ASICs with PCI glue. So the ASIC
    generates an IRQ signal and sense it's an ECP interrupt resets the
    interrupt condition turning off the interrupt signal? But why wouldn't
    this be an issue with the built in mother board parrallel ports? BTW, I
    do think the 8259 is implemented as part of the SiS530 chipset.

    Any clue as to what the timings on this would be? The system was in
    single user mode so no extraneous activity -- an idle system.