Re: [PARPORT] Block transfers?

From: Nick Papadonis (nick@coelacanth.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 13:04:50 EST

    Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> writes:

    > On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:03:26PM -0500, Nick Papadonis wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to read/write a block of data out over the port at a
    >> time?
    >
    > Yes: use read() and write() of course! But you must choose a protocol
    > first.
    >
    > You might want to have a look at libieee1284, though, instead of using
    > the character special device directly.

    Thanks. I reviewed libieee1284 and it looks like a great API.

    Can write() write a 24 bit buffer to the port at once? Is this word
    mapped to the parallel port pins correctly or do parts get mapped to the
    status, data, or control bytes?

    I'm essentially trying to write to arbitrary parport pins using the
    userspace driver.

    Thanks

    --
    Nick