[PARPORT] problem installing ppSCSi patch

From: nessuno (blinder@inwind.it)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 20:13:14 EST

    From many days I'm trying to apply the ppSCSI patch downloaded at
    ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/ppSCSI-0.91.patch, but may be I'm not able to patch
    it. I gave the command # patch -p1 <ppSCSI-0_91_patch
    obtaining:
    patching file drivers/scsi/Makefile
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 265.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/scsi/Makefile.rej
    patching file drivers/scsi/epsa2.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/epst.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/onscsi.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/ppscsi.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/ppscsi.h
    patching file drivers/scsi/sparcsi.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/t348.c
    patching file drivers/scsi/t358.c
    patching file include/linux/proc_fs.h
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 206.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/proc_fs.h.rej

    The kernel is 2.4.17, uncompressed in /usr/src/linux and the patch was
    copied in the same directory. I also tried with the old 2.2.10 with the same
    results.
    What's the problem with this patch? I'm not able to give the right options
    to the "patch" command or the problem is somewhere else?
    Thanx in advance.
    hopefully,
    Lorenzo.