RE: [PARPORT] mount a freecom portable CDRW

From: Al Crowley (alc@micro-solutions.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 17:09:47 EST

    Do you know what Mode your parallel port is set to in the Bios?
    Make sure it is set to EPP.

    >mount: block device /dev/pcd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only

    This is normal when mounting a CDROM.

    >mount: No medium found

    This I have only seen when trying to mount an empty drive, a blank CDR(w),
    or possibly a bad drive.

    Do you happen to know if this drive actually works? Can you try it
    on a different computer?

    >2) I want to write a image to a CD.
    >
    >#modprobe paride
    >#modprobe friq
    >#modprobe pg
    >
    >I can't load the module pg because i get the error message:
    >
    >/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pg.o: init_module: Operation
    >not permitted
    >/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pg.o: insmod
    >/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pg.o failed
    >/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/block/paride/pg.o: insmod pg failed
    >Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
    >invalid IO or IRQ parameters

    I'm not real familar with PG errors such as this, maybe someone else can help.
    I wouldn't be too conerned with the PG stuff anyway cuz if the pcd isn't
    working, this PG will likely be unproductive as well.

    -AL