[PARPORT] Building a generic device driver

From: Gregg C Levine (mrspock1962@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 01:51:29 EDT

    Hello from Gregg C Levine
    I use an emulator called Hercules, to emulate IBM mainframes for running
    VM/370rel6. I'd like to know if anyone has written a generic device
    driver framework for managing non printer data flowing in, and out of
    the parallel port. I know that I can connect a variety of devices to my
    computer's parallel port besides its printer, but I have specific needs,
    and requirements. All of which I do not wish to go into at this point in
    time. This system is running Slackware Linux, the version between 7.1
    and 8.0, they called it simply "Current" at the time. If released it
    could have been called 7.2.