Re: [PARPORT] PPNEGOT and the ability to get to EPP or ECP mode

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 03:39:45 EDT

    On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:52:51PM -0700, Nate wrote:

    > To negotiate successfully, do I need to have a client on the other end
    > running software in a negotiating loop?

    Yes. PC hardware doesn't know about peripheral-side negotiation, only
    host-side.

    The trouble is that it isn't symmetrical---the peripheral and the host
    have different numbers of lines that they can control. You'll need to
    figure out some way of mapping the peripheral's view of the wires onto
    the PC's actual capabilities.