[PARPORT] HP 3200C scanner

From: Paul W. Abrahams (abrahams@acm.org)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 16:12:50 EDT

    I've got one of those beasties (which works fine under the Win4Lin Windows
    emulator, by the way) and would like to get it to run native under Linux.
    I've looked at lots of SANE stuff and also at the archives of this list, but
    couldn't come to any conclusion as to whether it's possible.

    I've augmented my kernel with the ppscsi stuff and have tried to load the
    epst module (after loading the ppscsi module, of course). Here's what I get:

    suillus:~ # insmod epst
    Using /lib/modules/2.4.17A/kernel/drivers/scsi/epst.o
    /lib/modules/2.4.17A/kernel/drivers/scsi/epst.o: init_module: No such device
    Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
    invalid IO or IRQ parameters

    I have no idea where to go from here. I've seen statements that the 3200C
    is a UMAX scanner in disguise and that UMAX doesn't release its specs. Any
    more information?

    Paul Abrahams