[PARPORT] Backpack on Redhat X.X

From: Brian M. Sutin (sutin@ociw.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 18:20:11 EDT

    I have a Toshiba Libretto 70CT with vanilla Redhat 6.0 and a recent
    Backpack CD-ROM, which included no DOS drivers. I set the BIOS
    parameters for the parallel port to bi-directional and did:

        insmod parport
        insmod paride
        insmod bpck
        insmod pcd

    The "insmod pcd" command responded that the Autoprobe failed to detect
    the drive (which was connected and powered up). Any suggestions? I
    could probably dig up a Redhat 6.1 distribution, if it would help.

    Once I get the drive working, is there a way to use it to install
    Redhat 7.0 or 7.3?

    Thanks!

    Brian

    --
    Brian M. Sutin        Optical Scientist        Pasadena, CA
    The Observatories of the Carnegie Institution of Washington