[PARPORT] parallel emulator??

From: Clay Smith (computer_brain@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 14:24:09 EDT

    Hello,

    I have a parallel device that needs to use software written for the serial
    version of the same device.

    I don't know enough to rewrite the code for this software to work with the
    parallel version so I was wondering if there would be any way to "emulate" a
    serial port that is in fact a parallel port.

    Again, I have a parallel device that needs to be a serial device to work
    with the linux drivers. Any ideas for something to emulate this or idea for
    some cheap harware device I could buy would be appreciated.

    Thanks very much for your help.

    Clay Smith