Re: [PARPORT] freecom parallel port cdrom on debian

From: Glyn Kennington (glyn.kennington@hertford.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 03:40:18 EDT

    Sadio Ba wrote:
    > I found no info about the subject, so maybe in this list someone can give a good info source??
    > I'm trying to configure the freecom traveller external cd with a Toshiba Portege 300CT.

    You'll need to recompile the kernel with modules parport, paride, friq and
    pcd unless you have them already. Then you need to make some device nodes
    /dev/pcd* , and possibly mess around with your BIOS to put the parallel port
    in the correct mode.

    http://www.torque.net/parport/paride.html should contain all the relevant information.

    Glyn

    --
    I like it inside. It's nice there. There are sofas, drinks, cigarettes, books.
    There is shade. Outside there's nothing but the sun, the mindless drudgery of