[PARPORT] HP 5100c parport scanner

From: Al Mos (amos@harborside.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:09:30 EDT

    Hi,
    I am having trouble getting help setting up my HP 5100c parport scanner. Is
    there a generic way of setting up a parport scanner so I can try to figure it
    out on my own, i.e. what do I do with the ppscsi driver, what kind of lines
    go into hp.conf, do I need a /dev/scanner directory, etc? I have gone to
    Control Center and have chosen the 5100c from the supported list of scanners
    to no avail. This is really a tough task for a newbie. If there is no
    generic way, can you point me to a site or help file that can get me started?
    Thanks for anything you can do for me,
    Al Mos