[PARPORT] PCI Parallel Card ECP/EPP modes not detected

From: Jason (jtc@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 14:25:37 EST

    I have a Timedia PCI Parallel Port Card that I know has ECP/EPP capabilities (it's speced as such and it has ECP/EPP capabilities in windows). BUT parport_pc does not detect it. I am guessing this may have to do with the ECP Register being located at 0xb800 when the SPP register is at 0xd000 (i.e. not the +0x400 like the motherboard parallel port). I am wondering if there is anything I can do to make the ECP/EPP modes detectable as I want to use ppdev to write a user space driver for my scanner.

    Here is all the info I have:
    dmesg reports:
    PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:09.0
    PCI parallel port detected: 1409:7268, I/O at 0xd000(0xb800)
    parport1: PC-style at 0xd000 (0xb800) [PCSPP,TRISTATE]

    /proc/pci reports:
     Bus 0, device 9, function 0:
        Parallel controller: PCI device 1409:7268 (Timedia Technology Co Ltd) (rev 1).
          IRQ 9.
          I/O at 0xd000 [0xd007].
          I/O at 0xb800 [0xb807].

    /proc/ioports does not produce anything about parport1.

    I have parport and parport_pc compiled in with the kernel (not as modules).

    Any help with this regard would be greatly appreciated!

    Jason Cumiskey