[PARPORT] RedHat 8.0 install from BackPack

From: Lee Allen (lee@leadtec.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 10:25:29 EST

    I'm trying to install RedHat 8.0 from a BackPack CD-ROM drive. I have
    to get this working to support a number of systems in the field.

    I have made my own driver diskette containing the required modules. I
    can get the modules loaded, and I can see they are working -- the
    BackPack drive is actually detected. But the RedHat install program
    doesn't seem to know it has a working CD-ROM.

    I don't know if it's the "loader" program (for which I do not have
    source) or the install program "anaconda".

    Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm missing?

    Any pointers to relevant information would also be appreciated.

    Lee Allen
    Leadtec Systems, a division of CGS