[PARPORT] can't get iomega zip 250 parport drive going

From: Jude DaShiell (dashielljt@gmpexpress.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 20:48:51 EST

    in rc.modules uncommenting the line for modprobe ppa generates no error
    messages that show when dmesg | less is used after login. What happens
    though if I try modprobe ppa from the command line is I get device busy
    message back and can't go beyond that. If I put a cartridge into the
    drive when powered up and hit the eject button, the drive ejects. I can't
    tell you anything about what lights may be doing since I'm totally blind
    and live alone. scsi on this slackware 8.0 machine is a real problem.
    This is kernel 2.2.19 and I'm going to have to learn how to build myself a
    new kernel and how to patch it with speakup in order to get that sorted
    out it appears.

    --
    Jude <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>