[PARPORT] libieee1284 automatically loads ppdev, lp?

From: Gora Mohanty (gora@solar2.ucr.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 11:05:56 EST

    Hello,
      I am trying to use libiee1284 routines to do data acquisition over a
    dedicated parallel port, and I would like to make sure that nothing else
    on the system is trying to concurrently talk on the parallel port.
      It seems that accessing /dev/parport0 automatically loads the modules
    parport, parport_pc, lp and ppdev. Why are the last two loaded? Is it
    possible to specify that they not be loaded? I was thinking that the
    entries for these, except for parport_pc. I am using Redhat Linux 7.3 on
    an x86 box.

    Regards,
    Gora