Re: [PARPORT] problem with freecom cd-rw traveller

From: Robert Heller (heller@deepsoft.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 10:28:06 EDT

    In message <3EA00162.7040807@earthlink.net>, James Mckenzie writes:

    >vincent blondel wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>I got two freecom traveller one CD and one CD-RW but I have some troubles
    >>with CD-RW.
    >>
    >>With following statements, it works perfectly on CD but compeletely freezes
    >>my machine with CD-RW.
    >>
    >>insmod paride
    >>insmod friq
    >>insmod frpw
    >>insmod pcd
    >>mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt
    >>

    >Shouldn't this be:
    >
    >mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt/cdrom
    >?
    >I don't think that you should mount any device to /mnt

    There is no *technical* reason not to mount a device under ANY
    directory that is not already a mount point. It may not be a good idea
    too, but you can still do it (assuming you nave the proper privs).

    Also, Linux normally treats CD-Rs and CD-RWs just like CD-ROMs, at least
    as far as mounting them in concerned.

    OH, it would probably help if you specified a file system to use and
    turning on diags. might help find the problem:

    mount -v -r -t iso9660 /dev/pcd0 /mnt

    >>My parallel port isconfigured as EPP 1.7 in the BIOS.
    >>
    >>Has somebody an idea for me to solve this problem ???
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Vincent

    >-- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --
                                         \/
    Robert Heller ||InterNet: heller@cs.umass.edu
    http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller || heller@deepsoft.com
    http://www.deepsoft.com /\FidoNet: 1:321/153