Re: [PARPORT] DMA and the parallel port

From: Bob Tanner (tanner@real-time.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 21:07:30 EDT

    On Friday 02 May 2003 05:38 pm, Blaise Gassend wrote:
    > I'm not sure about a general introductory guide, but I can certainly
    > give you a vague idea.

    <snip>

    > Does this answer your questions, or did you want something more
    > technical?

    Yes. So, now, what are dma channels? And if my Super IO chip has them, do the
    low level parallel port driver deal with them? I don't seem to see any
    functionality in parport or libieee1284 for dealing with dma, so I think it's
    not something I have to worry about.

    --
    Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
    http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500