Re: [PARPORT] reset // port device

From: Blaise Gassend (blaise@gassend.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 09:11:56 EDT

    Hi,

    When you say that the lines are "open" or "closed", what exactly do you
    mean. If by open you mean not connected, and by closed you mean
    connected to ground, then that could be the source of your problem. You
    should be connecting the lines to 0V or to +5V to generate signals (you
    could get the +5V from one of the output lines of the port if you want).

    When you leave the line disconnected (open) you could get a variety of
    strange behaviors depending on your exact hardware implementation.

    Blaise

    Quoted from Damien Mattei on Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:45:48AM +0200.