[PARPORT] simple parallel device

From: Jason Majors (jason@kwiqsilver.org)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 03:20:42 EDT

    I want to attach a simple device to a parallel port.
    All it's going to do is send signals to the PC on two pins. (Start and stop
    for IR timing gates).

    I want the software to be able to use a blocking call like select() that'll
    just sit and wait for the parallel port to change (in its own thread).
    I've been searching google for how to do this but pretty much everything
    I've found is about writing a stream of data.

    Does anybody know a good way to do this? Or better yet a good write-up on
    pin-level parport programming so I can learn it for myself?

    Thanks.