[PARPORT] printing problem

From: Lars-Göran Andersson (lars-goran.087775025@telia.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 16:07:53 EDT

    Hi,

     it seems as if parport has a problem in finding my printer. I'm running
    SuSE 8.1 and using CUPS for
    printing and it does not simply work. I might have considered some sort
    of hardware problem (I'm
    using a Compax Presario 5670) if it was not for the reason that
    everything is working splendedly when
    I start my SuSE 7.2 system on the very same machine :-( . When looking
    at /proc/dev/parport/parport0
    I can see that the only difference is the value of 'modes', which is
    PCSPP,EPP for my 7.2 system and
    and only PCSPP for the 8.1 system.

    Any hint?

    Regards, Lars-G