Re: [PARPORT] simple (dumb?) ppdev question

From: Peter Asemann (sipeasem@immd3.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 08:14:29 EDT

    Thanks for the answer... but...

    > If you use libieee1284 you'll get documented error codes. :-)

    ... is libieee1284 a replacement for / superset of ppdev or does it have
    something to do with it?
    It seems like ppdev is in the standard installation of most distributions,
    while I can't find any libieee1284 on my system.

    Imagine I have no idea what kind of parports the the system has - will I be
    able to find that out with libieee1284 or do the kernel and /proc "know" it
    already?

    Peter Asemann