[PARPORT] VIRUS I RECEIVED & SENT TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Richard Reina (richard@RushLogistics.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 14:44:31 EDT

    Subject: Virus detected

    A virus has been passed on to me by the head of a National Business
    organization. Since you are in my address book, there is a chance that
    you will find it in your computer, too.
    The virus called *jdbgmgr.exe* is not detected by Norton or Macafee.
    This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
    It is sent automatically by messenger and the address book, whether or not
    you send emails to your contacts. (all these addresses were in my old
    address book and I am sorry for any inconvenience to any of you.)

    *Here's how to check for the virus and get rid of it. It is very simple
    to do. PLEASE DO IT RIGHT NOW SO AS TO NOT ENDANGER YOUR SYSTEM.*

    1. Go to Start, Find, or Search option.

    2. In the file/folders option, type the name:* jdbgmgr.exe*

    3. Be sure to search your C drive and all subfolders and any other drive
    you

    may have.

    4. Click: "Find Now".

    5. The virus has a gray teddy bear icon with the name jdbg! mgr.exe.

    *HIGHLIGHT IT---BUT DO NOT OPEN IT.
    *
    6. Go to File/Edit on the menu bar and select *DELETE*. It will then go to
    the recycle bin.

    7. Go to the recycle bin and DELETE it there as well.

    If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address book

    so they can eradicate it from their own address books. To do this:

    A. Open a new email message.

    B. Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

    C. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

    Copy this message, enter subject and paste to email, and send

    *REMEMBER TO DO THIS IMMEDIATELY.*

    I am sorry we have all been affected by this random act.