[PARPORT] ioctl

From: Luis LLN (letona79@yahoo.es)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 18:03:04 EDT

    I´ve installed a kernel 2.4.x. Now, I try to open and
    read the parallel port but it fails.

    fd=open("/dev/parport0", O_RDONLY|O_NOCTTY);
    mode=IEEE1284_MODE_ECP;

    ioctl(fd,PPCLAIM);

    ioctl(fd,PPNEGOT,&mode);

    ioctl(fd,PPSETMODE,&mode);

    The second ioctl (PPNEGOT) returns errno=5 (Input /
    Output error) and the third ioctl doesn't do anything
    and the program gets blocked. Any idea?