[PARPORT] Has anyone been able to install Redhat 9 using Backpack CD-Rewriter?

From: John Miskinis (conquestsoftware@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 10:03:30 EDT

    Hi Folks,

    I am now subscribed to this list. The archives only go to 9/3 it appears,
    so
    I apologize if someone has already posted info in the last couple days.

    I'm trying to install RH 9, from a backpack. I found a driver disk, and it
    is not working for me. One time, I actually saw the bpck6 module try to
    load, but I can't remember what permutation of boot disk, driver disk, and
    then the bpck6dd driver disk I used.

    In any case, I'd like to know if anyone else has been successful in this,
    before
    I give up and revert back to RH 7.1

    Perhaps I am doing something wrong, missing a step somewhere, or my HW is
    broken :(

    Thanks in advance, for any and all information! (And have a great day)

    Oh Yeh, I'll be happy to create a web page for others, if I can get this to
    work!

    John Miskinis