Re: [PARPORT] parport read

From: Cherry Cortes (osagimakoto@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 06:46:51 EDT

    We have a loop that only exits if there are some characters received from the parallel port but the loop never breaks even we have sent data. By the way, what we're trying to do is to connect 2 pcs wherein 1 acts as sender and the other as receiver ^_^

    Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> wrote:On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 03:31:55AM -0700, Cherry Cortes wrote:

    > > errno was EAGAIN and call to PPCLAIM was successful.
    >
    > You set O_NONBLOCK?
    >
    > Tim.
    > */
    >

    > Yes, we already did. Have we missed any procedures/calls?

    Then you need to call read() again. :-)

    EAGAIN Non-blocking I/O has been selected using O_NONBLOCK and no data
    was immediately available for reading.