(no subject)

From: hector Colina (hector_r_colina@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 18:21:12 EST

    Help

    I have connected the serial port printer to my Linux Server, and also I can
    printing on this printer, but I want to know how can I check the printer
    turn on or off, or did the printer connect to the com port or not ?

    Anybody can tell me if the parport modules can give this signal or not ?

    I get in dmesg:

    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
    parport0: Printer, SAMSUNG SRP-270
    lp0: using parport0 (polling).
    lp0: using parport0 (polling).
    ppdev: user-space parallel port driver

    But If the printer is off, i have the same information.

    Thank you for your help !

    =====
    La revolución no se hace únicamente con las armas...

               Hector Colina. Linux User 131637
                Using Woody and Kernel 2.4.21
       Merida-Venezuela http://merida.linux.org.ve