[PARPORT] work in EPP mode

From: Michael Sorokin (sma@awp.nnov.ru)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 07:53:10 EST

  • Next message: Erling A. Jacobsen: "[PARPORT] Patch for parport_pc.c to allow for systems without onboard parports but with PCI-card with both serial and parallel ports"

    Hi, all
    Some questions
    for the begining :^)

    1.
    mode = IEEE1284_MODE_EPP;
    Why  ioctl(fd, PPNEGOT, &mode); does return an error?
    What I have to do with my device to correct this mistake, or I don't have to
    pay attention to it ?
    If I set mode to mode = IEEE1284_MODE_COMPAT;
    all works well.

    2. I read a lot articles here, but unfortunately I dont understand
    whether I should set all non data signals by hands or they will generate
    when I will write to port.
    When I write to port with a function write (fd, buffer, size)
    only data signals have changed.

    Thank you.
    Excuse me for my bad english
    Michael