Re: [PARPORT] HOWTO use parport

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:41:51 -0500 (EST)

> Can someone give me a detail instruction on how to use the ppa module? I
> have a Philip OmniWriter CD-R device and it comes with a shuttle
> scsi-to-parallel device. I am very interesting to get it working. I am
> running kernel 2.0.30.

If the Philips device is using a Shuttle parallel to SCSI adapter, it is
probably an EPST. The EPST driver is not related (except for some
early history) to the PPA module.

My EPST driver will almost certainly _not_ work with your CD-R. CD-R
devices require levels of sustained throughput that were not contemplated
when that driver was written.