[PARPORT] Missed a transition??

Stephen C. Hill (shill@eur.ericsson.se)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:20:36 -0800 (PST)

I pulled ep.c down from the net and used it to drive my Avatar Shark
extensible hard-drive. This was applied to a 2.0.30 Linux Kernel,
running on a P75 chip.

I had two major problems with the software; 1) it stole my ability
to use my printer, without a LILO reconfig and re-boot, and 2)
during boot, it always griped about a bad superblock during fsck ...
even when I didn't have a cartridge in the drive. I can understand
the second problem, since the OS hadn't yet loaded the module, and I
understand that the first problem has been solved, with some
twiddling with the kernel.

HOWEVER, I seem to have missed the discussion about how to implement
this. I believe that I will have to upgrade my version and rebuild
everything, which scares the willies out of me. I've only done
incremental changes, and I haven't seen any step-by-step
instructions about doing this process. Can anyone provide a pointer
for additional information?

-- --
Steve Hill Menlo Park, CA
  Ericsson Data Services/Western Region phone: 415-463-6048
  Email: shill@eur.ericsson.se fax: 415-463-6861