Re: [PARPORT] The Imation Superdisk LS-120 (External) Drive

Geoffrey Myers (geof@abraxis.com)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:26:04 -0500

NerdOcom wrote:

> Is there anything that would allow me to connect the Imation Superdisk LS-120
> (External) Drive to my Linux box without spending any money?? Or, a how-to...
> is the drive anything like IOMega's Zip drive? I NEED HELP!!

I've just purchased and installed a Digital Research LS120 in my linux
box. I had to recompile my kernel for other reasons, but when I did, it
also recognized the ls120. I've written and mounted both Linux and vfat
floppies. I've yet to use a ls120 floppy as I've not purchased any yet,
but the kernel messages indicate that the drive is recognized to support
that 120 format.

I'm not sure how your external connects, but my internal uses IDE. The
instructions indicated that it had to be master on the secondary IDE,
but then goes on to discuss it being the slave. A bit confusing. I set
it up as my master on my secondary and moved my cdrom to slave. The
documentation indicates that you can boot from it only if your BIOS
supports it. I've not pursued that yet as I left my 1.44 /dev/fd0 in.
I hope this helps.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		geof@abraxis.com

NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.