Re: [PARPORT] Parport'98

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 23:43:15 +0000 (GMT)

I get this when mounting a zip drive while printing. This is with
parport-diff-980101 against a clean 2.1.76:

lp0: using parport0 (polling).
[...]
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 196608 [96 MB] [0.1 GB]
sda: Write Protect is off
 sdb:<6>lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
 sdb4
Unable to load NLS charset cp437
lp0 out of paper
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
lp0 out of paper
lp0 out of paper
lp0 out of paper
lp0 out of paper
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
lp0 out of paper
[... (more of the same)]
lp0 out of paper
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
lp0 off-line
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.

The lp warnings are spurious in that the printer wasn't out of paper at
any time, and I didn't tell it to go off-line. Printing finished
normally. After using the Zip drive a lot, things went very slowly ---
more so than I'd expect from experience.