Re: [PARPORT] Parport'98

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:40:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >I get this when mounting a zip drive while printing. This is with
> >parport-diff-980101 against a clean 2.1.76:
>
> Yes, there are evidently still some problems. I'll have another look at
> the code but it's hard to debug when I can't test it myself. BTW, you
> probably need to set dev->waiting=0 in parport_register_device, and
> Andrea pointed out that there is an atomic_set(&port->waiters, 0)
> missing from parport_register_port (though I think the memset() means
> that it makes no difference). I'll check these small changes in to vger
> later on; the test_and_set_bit one is in already.

I've applied these changes, but something is still wrong.

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2,EPP]
parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
ppa: Version 1.39a
[...]
sda: Write Protect is off
 sdb: sdb4
parport0: nobody (1) is waiting.
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
[...]
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
lp0 out of paper
parport0: nobody (2) is waiting.
lp0 out of paper
lp0 printer error
parport0: lp tried to release parport when not owner
parport0: nobody (1) is waiting.
Releasing ppa0
scsi : 1 host.