[PARPORT] lp out of paper

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 16:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

With 980105 + the patch I just posted, whenever I print something (lpr or
cat a file, it's the same behaviour), I get:

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2,EPP]
parport0: read2 timeout.
parport0: no ID data returned by device.
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0 out of paper

The printer has paper ready, and starts printing. However, the first
couple of lines of whatever I want to print get lost. So, two things:

a) Why could the printer driver think that the printer is out of paper
   when it isn't?

b) How can the data be getting lost?

Does anyone else see this?