[PARPORT] How to iistall Linux to CDROM-less Notebook?

Kevin Lai (kevlaikf@mbox2.singnet.com.sg)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 10:53:11 +0800

I got this Compaq Contura 4/25 notebook, without the PCMCIA slot or CDROM
Drive.

It only has one standard parallel port (not EPP), and serial port. (9600bps
max)

I hate install Linux via countless of diskettes duplicated from Desktop PC.
Is there a way I can make full use of my Syquest EZFlyer 230 and
MicroSolution Backpack CD/PD Drive.

I know there is some drivers in the webpage where the above drivers for
Linux can be downloaded.

But there isn't *ANY* sites with a step-by-step HOWTO on installation, and I
know nuts about kernal re-compiling and the related stuffs.

Can someone help?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Kevin Lai