[PARPORT] Canon Printer

Jay Jacobson (nin@goodnet.com)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:02:19 -0700 (MST)

To be to the point -- Does anyone have a driver for a Canon BJC 610
(720x720 color)? I know the printer is setup correctly, because I can
print from the command line, or Netscape (even full-color images).
However, when I try from Word Perfect 7, I only get a garbled mess. WP7
will not accept just formatting the output and piping it to lpr -- it
insists on using a driver. I have tried various drivers that WP supports
(Epson, older Canon, IBM, Lexmark, Brother, etc...) but no luck. When I
use the "Standard Printer" driver, it works, but ignores any graphics
(which defeats the purpose in this case). Any clues on a driver for this?
Thanks.

~Jay

- J a y J a c o b s o n
- Network Engineer, ISP -- 602.303.9500 -- 888.Good.Net
- jay@good.net -- www.kinetic.org