Re: [PARPORT] Re: lpr problems in 2.0->2.1?

Trond Eivind Glomsrød (teg@pvv.ntnu.no)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 21:10:49 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
>
> > Interrupt - I've tried specifying io only in conf.modules:
> >
> > options parport_pc io=0x378
> >
> > but that didn't help.
>
> Oh, looking again at the code it seems that you have to specify IRQ in
> order for it not to autoprobe. You *should* have to put
>
> options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=-1
>
> in your conf.modules, but there appears to be a bug. Patch included.
>
> In the meantime, try "options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=-2".

This works like a charm - it is now as fast as it's ever been...
So, now we know how to work around it. But there is a bug somewhere.
Unfortunately, the patch I received from Andrea didn't compile, but I'll
be happy to try updated patches to hunt the bug down

BTW: The timeout isn't exactly one minute - it was about half a minute
at the first stop and 40+ the next.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
teg@pvv.ntnu.no   **  http://s9412a.steinan.ntnu.no/~teg/