[PARPORT] parport_yield

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:35:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everyone,

Currently, parport_yield returns 1 if there is no need to release the
port, or else it returns the result of parport_claim or
parport_claim_or_block.

This makes it hard to interpret the return value as parport_claim_or_block
returns 1 to indicate that it slept.

Would anybody shout at me if I changed parport_yield to return 0 in the
case of not relinquishing the port?

I'd also like to split parport_yield into two functions, a blocking
version and a non-blocking version.

This would give ``parport_yield'' the same return values as parport_claim,
and ``parport_yield_blocking'' the same return values as
parport_claim_or_block.

Any comments?