[PARPORT] Time-critical parport logging, help needed

Christian Gleissner (cngleiss@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:00:04 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I need to write or find a device driver for the parallel port that allows
me to log all signals that reach the port. The background is that I want
to find out how some external device works - therefore, I need to listen
to all bus transactions (I already have the connecting interface for the
parallel port). Later on, I will be going to replicate some of
them in order to steer the external device.

I need something that creates a memory image of all port transactions so
that I can analyse which signal on which input line lasted how long. The
tolerance is about 100 microseconds.

It would be even better if an interrupt would be created whenever
certain data is reaching the port so that I could display them within a
monitor, thus enabling me to do a real-time analysis.

Does anybody know about a program I could use or can anybody give me hints
on where to find more information?

Any help is appreciated.
Christian