Re: [PARPORT] Parport numbering

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:35:24 +0000

>What's really missing is the ability to say "load parport_pc, and attach
>0x378 to parport0, and 0x278 to parport1" - at the moment you can only
>guarantee probe ORDER, not the actual numbers that get assigned. The
>problem with that of course is that it may fail because the parport
>numbers aren't free.

That's true, but I don't think it's especially desperate that we have that
functionality. Nobody else has complained, and this is only going to be an
issue for people who use kerneld. The parport code is small enough that, to
be honest, if this sort of thing matters then it won't kill you to have it
loaded all the time.

p.