Re: [PARPORT] Zip Drive...

Ryan Cornia (slxch@cc.usu.edu)
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 11:50:06 -0700 (MST)

It is powered on, and pluged in. This is the dmesg output -

parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [SPP,PS2,EPP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
ppa: Version 1.39a
scsi : 0 hosts.

I changed it to be a module, and out-load with kerneld. I also checked the bios
to make sure the parallel port is at 378/ irq 7. It is.

Do I need to specify the parallel port TYPE? The lp module seems to load, but
will never print.

Thanks,
Ryan

E-Mail: Ryan Cornia <slxch@cc.usu.edu>