Re: [PARPORT] Microcom Parallel Port Modem

Mark Garlanger (garlangr@cyberramp.net)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 21:57:54 -0500

Rza Razor wrote:

> Hello.
> I've searched high & low and it seems' that this is where all the
> pointer's point.
> Here's my Prob'. I have a Microcom Parallel Port Modem (deskporte
> 28.8P), it doesn't seem to respond to any input from my Linux box
> (2.0.33)The port is o.k. as it works for printing. using /dev/lp2 (which
> is the device). I've vi'd the config file (ppp-on) and changed the
> device to /dev/lp2, no luck. Is there any *easy* way to get it working
> or would a device driver have to be written specifically for the modem?
>
> Thank you.

Communication on the parallel ports is alot different than the serial
ports,unfortunately noone has wrote a driver for the modem. I have
contacted
Microcom tech support about a year ago and they would not release any
programming information for the parallel port. Your only option is to
connect
it with the serial port interface on the modem.

                Mark